All Eyes On Rafah: Israel’s Operation In Rafah Doesn’t Cross US Red Lines

85 / 100

All Eyes On Rafah: The White House claimed that its ally had not breached the “red line” set by the Biden administration as Israeli forces advanced forward into Rafah, only days after an airstrike caused a large fire that claimed the lives of several Palestinians.

All Eyes On Rafah
All Eyes On Rafah

As international outcry over the fatalities in a packed tent camp for displaced people grew, Israeli tanks were spotted entering central Rafah for the first time on Tuesday. Additionally, U.S. assistance deliveries to Gaza by boat were halted due to damage to its temporary port. The national security adviser for the nation also stated on Wednesday that he anticipated the conflict to last until the end of the year.

All Eyes On Rafah: Press Conference of John Kirby

During a press briefing, John Kirby, the spokesperson for the National Security Council, assured reporters that the US was not “blinding eye” to Israel’s actions in the southern Gaza Strip, where over a million Palestinians have fled in recent weeks.

All Eyes On Rafah
All Eyes On Rafah

Speaking about Israel’s operations in Rafah, he said the Biden administration did not think they constituted a “major ground operation” that would defy President Joe Biden’s warnings and lead to a shift in U.S. policy, which might include a threatened halt to arms supplies.

He stated, “You know, thousands and thousands of soldiers moving in a maneuvered, concentrated, coordinated way against a variety of targets on the ground is what you would call a major ground operation.”

All Eyes On Rafah: Us Official Satement On Rafah

Similarly, a U.S. official told NBC News that although the country saw the death attack as a “horrific incident,” it seemed more like an airstrike gone “horribly wrong” and wasn’t indicative of Israel “smashing into Rafah. “Prior to this month, Biden spoke with CNN and stated: “I made it clear that if they go into Rafah—they haven’t gone in Rafah yet—if they go into Rafah, I’m not supplying the weapons that have been used historically to deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities — that deal with that problem.”

All Eyes On Rafah: No Of Died Pepole in Rafah

The Israeli bombardment ignited the fire that destroyed the tent camp in Rafah’s Tal al-Sultan area, killing at least 45 people—including children—according to local health authorities. When Kirby made his remarks, the situation was relatively calm. The Biden administration, according to veteran foreign service officer and U.S. diplomat Hala Rharrit, is currently attempting to “wiggle their way out of this latest shift” on what defines a “red line.” Rharrit resigned from the State Department last month in protest of Washington’s stance on Israel’s war in Gaza.

All Eyes On Rafah: Israel New Cease-Fire Proposal

After Israel was ordered to cease its onslaught in Rafah by the top court of the United Nations, the attack on the tent camp has increased the amount of pressure coming from across the world. According to The Associated Press, the U.N. Security Council may vote as early as Wednesday on a draft resolution that Algeria submitted, which would require a cease-fire in Gaza and force Israel to immediately end its attack.

An Israeli official informed NBC News that Israel sent a fresh cease-fire proposal to mediators in Qatar, Egypt, and the United States on Monday. As required by Hamas, the proposal called for a “sustainable calm,” but it did not call for an end to the fighting.

Leading Hamas leader Basem Naim stated to NBC News on Tuesday that Hamas has not received a proposal from the mediators.

All Eyes On Rafah: Israel Statement

Israel is still looking into the Rafah strike, including what started the fire that, according to Israel Defense Forces spokesperson Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, “resulted in this tragic loss of life.

“He said that two top Hamas terrorists were the target of two 17 kg (37.5 lb) missiles launched by the IDF; nevertheless, he claimed that a fire was started accidentally and that it was “unexpected and unintended.”

He raised the likelihood that the fire was started by weapons kept in the targeted location, although he called that theory “assumption” at this stage. Both an American and an Israeli official reportedly told NBC News that it’s believed the fire was started by a gasoline tank that was damaged.

Read This :- Caitlin Clark: Signs Contract With Wilson To Create Signature Basketball

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top